- City Manager
The City Manager is the Chief Administrative Officer of the City, who directs and supervises the administration of all departments and agencies including Administration, Business Development, Community Development, Finance, Fire, Human Resources, Parks and Recreation, Police, and Public Works. The City Manager is appointed by and serves at the pleasure of the City Council.
The City Manager is responsible for the implementation of all laws, provisions of the Charter, acts of the City Council, agreements, leases, deeds, and other instruments, in addition to these responsibilities, the City Manager also:
- Appoints, suspends, or removes all City employees.
- Prepares and submits the annual financial budget and capital improvement program to the City Council.
- Administers and enforces all laws, ordinances, contracts, and franchises.
- Negotiates contracts, franchises, acquisition, and disposition of property, subject to City Council approval, and signs contracts on behalf of the City.
- Submits reports of the finances and administrative activities of the City and such other reports as the City Council may require concerning the operation of the City.
- Attends City Council meetings and participates in discussions, but does not vote.
View City Manager's Quarterly Reports
The City of Brooksville's mission is to provide superior municipal services in a reliable, efficient, fiscal and socially effective manner, make Brooksville a desirable City to live, work and visit.