**Effective September 1, 2021 we can no longer accept credit card payments.**
OFFICE HOURS FOR BUILDING & PERMITS: 8:00 AM - 4:00 PM
City Hall is practicing "Social Distancing" for the safety of residents
and staff in light of the current national and regional COVID-19 outbreak.
* PLEASE NOTE THAT ALL FORMS ARE AVAILABLE ONLINE BY CLICKING THE LINK BELOW.
IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS OR NEED ASSISTANCE, PLEASE FEEL FREE TO CONTACT US.
The City of Brooksville Building Division, located at 201 Howell Avenue, handles all building permit activity including applications and inspections. The Building Official is Michael Huard and the Building Inspector is Ron Heugel. The Building Division operates under the oversight of the Community Development Department.
City of Brooksville Building Division Ron Heugel, Building Inspector
201 Howell Avenue Phone: (352) 540-3853
Brooksville, FL 34601-2041 Email: Permits@cityofbrooksville.us
Robert (Mike) Huard, Building Official Yaritza Perez, Permit Technician
Phone: (352) 540-3853 Phone: (352) 540-3853
Schedule or Cancel Inspections:
- To schedule an inspection, please email email@example.com only. Your request will be processed and you will receive an email with the date and approximate time of your inspection.
- To cancel an inspection, please email firstname.lastname@example.org only. You will receive an email confirming the cancellation.
To our esteemed contractors, we will carry on with business as usual,
with the exception of a few modifications:
1) Social distancing - 6 feet or more - has been set as a guideline initiated by the government.
2) Permit applications – We can accept via email some permit applications.
3) Plan review – We are looking at software to help facilitate us to perform plan reviews electronically.
4) Inspections - Please help us ensure the good health of our inspectors, by notifying the occupants or
homeowners that you have scheduled inspection, and they are comfortable with our arrival.
5) Teamwork – Your patience is greatly appreciated, and by working together as a team, we will
be able to get through this crisis.
6) For plan reviews and inspection questions, feel free to call the Building Official, Mike Huard
at 352-540-3853, or send an email to email@example.com
Is your property in the City of Brooksville jurisdiction?
- Search on the Hernando County Property Appraiser’s website at: http://www.hernandopa-fl.us/Propertysearch/
- If the Levy Code shows CWBE, your property is in our jurisdiction.
- If the Levy Code shows CWES, your property is out of our jurisdiction. Please contact the Hernando County building department.
Submit the permit application for review. If plans are to be included (as applicable) site plan, survey, floor plan with location of plumbing and electrical fixtures, mechanical details, elevations, electrical service panel, cross sections of structural walls with details of materials and fasteners, roof framing plan, energy calculation (when new structures, or additions are air conditioned), etc., please make arrangements with the Permit Technician to drop off at a designated time at City Hall. Upon submitting your completed permit application and plans for review, the Permit Coordinator will process your application and then direct you to pay an upfront fee.
Plan reviews will be completed in several days. Residential permits take approximately 10 working days and commercial permits take approximately 10 working days. These time projections are for initial reviews only. You will be notified once processing is complete or if any corrections are needed.
After all reviews are completed and approved, the applicant will receive their permit card by email. Please print your permit card and place in the window of the property.
Pay By Mail
Your payment may be mailed to the following address, please add your permit number on the check:
Our mailing address is:
City of Brooksville
201 Howell Ave.
Brooksville, FL 34605
Payments may be placed in the drop-box located beyond the drive-up window at City Hall at any time. Please note that any payments placed in the drop-box after our regular business hours will be posted the next business day.
THE FOLLOWING ARE PENALTIES FOR WORKING WITHOUT A
FBC 109.4 Work commencing before permit issuance. Any person who commences any work on a building, structure, electrical, gas, mechanical or plumbing system before obtaining the building official’s approval or the necessary permits shall be subject to a penalty of 100 percent of the usual permit fee in addition to the required permit fees.
FBC105.3.4 A building permit for a single-family residential dwelling must be issued within 30 working days of application therefor unless unusual circumstances require a longer time for processing the application or unless the permit application fails to satisfy the Florida Building Code or the enforcing agency’s laws or ordinances.
Click Here for All Forms
To submit a permit, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.